Top 5 Augmented Reality Trends This Year That You Need to Know
As augmented reality (AR) becomes more popular, more and more brands are starting to experiment with the technology.
If you’re unfamiliar with AR, it’s a technology that allows you to layer digital content on top of the physical world. To make the most of AR, the best thing you can do is hire an augmented reality development company.
AR offers a lot of potential for businesses, and we can expect many changes and innovations in the years to come. You can use augmented reality development services to integrate AR capabilities through a phone app or with special glasses or headsets.
Top 5 Augmented Reality Trends That You Need to Know
Augmented reality is becoming increasingly popular among consumers across different industries such as retail, travel, healthcare, education, manufacturing, entertainment, etc.
According to a recent report, the global augmented reality market is expected to reach $130.9 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 39% over the forecast period 2017-2025.
Mixed reality will take over and is going to be huge this year. It’s a combination of virtual and augmented reality, offering a more immersive experience than either of those technologies on their own.
You need to know about some amazing augmented reality trends this year. Here are the top five:
- AR Mobile Apps
The first popular app to use AR was Pokemon Go! In 2016, Niantic Labs released its game where users could find and catch virtual creatures called Pokemon. Since then, developers have created many different types of AR games.
One of the most recent uses of AR is in medicine. Doctors can now use AR to help patients visualize and understand their body parts. Shopping apps are also beginning to incorporate AR features into their mobile apps. Plus, AR use cases in education and research are expected to grow exponentially.
Augmented reality is being used for more than just entertainment this year. It will be used in business, education, healthcare, travel, and more.
- More Virtual Reality games
Virtual reality games are becoming more accessible and affordable due to technological advancements. These games are played on various platforms, including PCs, consoles, and smartphones.
- Integration with Social Media
Social Media with AR is the next big thing. Social media platforms play a significant role in the growth of augmented reality. Social media allows businesses to easily promote their products and services to millions of potential customers. As per top augmented reality development services, Social Media is one place where we will see brands using AR capabilities for more meaningful engagements.
- AR Cloud Services
AR cloud services are emerging as a way to integrate augmented reality into business processes, systems, and applications. An example is integrating AR cloud services with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software.
- AR Goes Mainstream
Brands will use augmented reality more this year to connect with customers more profoundly. Some have already begun using AR to enhance their products. Coca-Cola has augmented its packaging with AR. Walmart is testing out AR shopping carts. And even McDonald’s is experimenting with AR menus.
The Benefits of Augmented Reality
So what are the benefits of augmented reality? Here are just a few:
- It’s engaging: When you merge the real and digital worlds, it creates a whole new level of engagement. For example, imagine being able to place digital objects in your living room and seeing how they look in real life.
- It’s informative: With augmented reality, you can access information in ways that were never before possible. For example, you can hold your phone to a building and see historical information about it.
- It’s interactive: With augmented reality, you can interact with digital objects in a fun and informative manner. For example, you can play games that allow you to explore new worlds.
Implementing AR in Your Business
So how can you use augmented reality in your business? There are many different ways, and we’re still just scratching the surface. Here are a few of the top AR business trends this year:
- Advertising and Marketing: One of the most prominent applications of AR is in advertising and marketing. You can create interactive ads that allow customers to explore your product or service in a more immersive way.
- Retail: AR can also be used in e-stores to help customers find what they’re looking for or provide product information more engagingly.
- Education: AR is being used more and more in education, both in the classroom and online. It can help students learn more hands-on, and it’s also being used to create more engaging online courses.
- Gaming: Gaming is one of the areas where augmented reality has taken off. There are now some fantastic AR games available, and the trend will only continue.
- Architecture and Construction: Augmented reality is increasingly used in architecture and construction to help design and plan projects. Plus, it gives customers a better idea of what a finished project will look like.
Consult an agency that provides augmented reality development services if you are unsure where to start your AR journey.
The Best Augmented Reality Development Companies
So, what constitutes an excellent augmented reality development company? Well, they would need to have a wealth of experience in the industry, be well-versed in the latest AR technologies, and be able to turn your ideas into a reality.
But more importantly, they need to be able to understand your business and what you’re trying to achieve with your augmented reality project. Only then can they provide you with the right solution and help you hit your targets.
So what’s in the bag for AR in the coming years? We can sum it up in 5 key points:
- Increased use of augmented reality in marketing and advertising.
- More widespread use of augmented reality in business and its scalability.
- A growth in the use of augmented reality for education and training.
- An increase in the use of augmented reality for entertainment and gaming.
- The emergence of new applications for augmented reality that we haven’t even thought of yet!
This year is full of potential for augmented reality. As the technology continues to develop, more and more companies are taking advantage of its unique capabilities.
If you’re looking to stay ahead of the curve, keep track of the above trends and leverage them for your business goals. If you don’t have an AR roadmap, get a risk-free AR development experience by hiring the best-augmented reality development company.